The moment I handed my dissertation in, I felt an impending sense of boredom wash over me. The months I spent writing it had given my mind something to focus on and truth be told, the dissertation occupied a huge amount of my time. When it was handed in, I had nothing to do, and nothing to focus on.
I never thought I'd miss going to class, but at least it gave me something constructive to do during the day. Now, my weeks spread in front of my like a vast expanse of boredom, and I'm struggling to find things to fill my day with.
You should probably know that I intend to look for a full-time (also known as "grown-up") job after summer. For now, I want to relax, enjoy my last summer, and raise some funds for a holiday.
One of the best things I've found after University is that reading is fun again. For four loooong years, I've had to stick to a strict reading list. Frankly, I didn't have time or motivation to read anything else when I was being forced to read something of someone else's choice. Now, it's so different! I can peruse Amazon, stroll down the paperback aisle, and walk into the library without wanting to cry from essay pressure. I'm two weeks out of Uni, and I've read three large paperbacks. I intend to keep up the reading, and need to get my backside to the library to stock up. Surprisingly, murder mystery novels aren't too popular on University reading lists...
An avid fan of trash tv, I've managed to absorb crappy TV series with a vengeance. As a way of procrastinating the dissertation, I watched 192 episodes of Gilmore Girls. I'm now onto America's Got Talent (scraping the barrel, I know), Project Runway, and Janice Dickinsons Modeling Agency. I shouldn't be allowed a computer; I'm clearly using it for the wrong reasons..
But what else to do...
No comments:
Post a Comment