Not being rich is expensive. I'm working part-time to save up some money to go travelling and 'find myself', as most people say they're going to do. I just want a holiday and a tan. Life, however, is proving to be an obstacle. I'm clearly not destined to go and hang out in the States for a month.
I'm now one of those people who try and find the cheapest petrol, and who tut loudly at the price when it's been raised by a penny. I have to think about that when I decide if I want to go and do something, and car-sharing is now a firm must, even if it means cramming the whole friendship group into one Fiesta.
My M.O.T cost me £350 last month. My car broke down the week after. It broke down again last night. How am I supposed to afford a holiday when pieces of my car are disintegrating when I look at it?!
I guess all the frivolous spending on clothes and shoes will have to stop...
Note to self. Work more. Spend less.
No comments:
Post a Comment